The CPR Essentials course explains the proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the critical steps involved in this lifesaving procedure. This course uses interactive learning modules and quizzes to teach you the importance of CPR knowledge and prepare you to respond to emergency situations.
CPR Essentials is an awareness-level course that provides foundational knowledge on CPR, but it does not provide hands-on training from a certified instructor. Students must take additional steps to earn an official CPR certification.
Complete Your OSHA CPR Essentials Course Online
Our online CPR Essentials course has numerous benefits, including:
- 24/7 course access
- Log on and off as needed
- Work on your course anywhere with internet access
- Email our course trainer with any questions
- You have 180 days to complete the course
Once you finish the course and pass a brief test on the core topics, you can instantly download your Certificate of Completion. The CPR Essentials course takes about one hour to complete.
Who Should Take the CPR Essentials Course?
This course is ideal for workers who need to complete CPR training as part of their worksite training requirements. Anyone interested in learning the basic principles and techniques of CPR can benefit from this course as well.
Learning Objectives for the CPR Essentials Course
The primary goal of this course is to teach you the standard technique and methodology behind CPR. You will also learn the importance of bystander preparedness and situational awareness in the event of a medical emergency.
Key topics covered in the course include:
- List and understand the critical steps involved in administering CPR
- Evaluate the safety of a situation before providing emergency care
- Describe the CAB method of resuscitation
- Identify personal protective equipment and proper sanitation guidelines